Thursday, July 14, 2005

A dreadfull summer

A dreadfull summer

I’ve got dreads. Dreadlocks that is.

For those of you who have gone around thinking to yourselves the last months: “I wonder if he’s gonna get a haircut?” this is the reason for why my hair has been so out of control lately…

I owe it all to Ruth Silje, who, after about 10 hours of backcombing, making knots and pulling my hair, finally could look at her masterpiece: A head full of dreads.


If you want to see some pictures, you would have to write it in my comments section, and when I feel I have gotten enough comments, I’ll post a picture. Until then: You can admire this beautiful biographical-inspired artwork made entirely by me:

(we were at a manga drawing seminar at Skjærgårds (“The Seaside Festival”, Norway’s biggest Christian music festival)).

Besides now having to fight off all the girls attracted to my hair, I have now started my two weeks of waking up before sunrise. The newspapers have to get out. I’m getting them out. This gives me a different kind of jetlag, and splits my night into two parts, the first 2-3 hours before 3:00 AM, and the 4-5 or so hours after I get back at 6:00 AM.

I wondered if I should start taking pictures of the sunrise for all you to see what it looks like, as I am guessing not many of you are waking up early enough. But maybe you are getting to bed late enough…


Ok, this was it.


…I thought. I just have to mention as well, that I have seen quite a few bands lately, at the
Seaside (Skjærgårds) Music and Mission Festival:

Larry Norman

Delirious

Supertones

Extol

Grits

Darrell Mansfield

The Lionheart Brothers (a norwegian band, check them out at http://www.thelionheartbros.com/),

Iona (the best concert since Blindside in May),

Jerusalem (old swedish rock band),

Dream Pilots (some of Norway's best musicians who also are Christians http://www.dreampilots.net/),

Pitbull Harmony (http://www.purevolume.com/pitbullharmony)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul, you really should post a picture of your dreads! Way to go!! I think they'll look impressive. Everyone should post a comment! And wow, you have seen a lot of bands lately...

Janelle said...

Show me the pictures!!!! I vote for pictures! Sounds like you had a good time at the festival!