Saturday, June 25, 2005

Waking up twice makes you philosophical

It does. Seriously.

When having lunch after the first of the now so infamous early mourning wakings, me and my working buddy got really philosophical, asking the most important questions in the world like:
Do blind people dream? If they do, Do they dream in color? And: What is color? If it's reflection of light, does the red rose in the pitch black room have any color?

Yesterday lunch was also interesting, but that had more to do with funny names. Is the name Bjørgulv gender specific? If so, what gender is it? Or is it a name that can be used for both genders? (Ok, maybe not a very rewarding debate for all you English - not Norwegian-speaking people...)

Well, now I'm sitting here after the last of the three training mornings, rather tired, but, hey, I got to see the sun rise three days in a row. It's been a long time since that has happened...

On the 23rd, we also celebrated the Norwegian celebration night: Sankthansaften. It's supposedly the night when the sun is up for the longest period of time during the course of a year, and that is reason to celebrate. (although it actually was some days earlier...) On the 23rd we had sun for 19 hours and 16 minutes, from 03:41 to 22:57. And still I woke up before sunrise. Isn't that incredible? I have to write it, in order to show this to my grandchildren. Not that I have grandchildren, I don't even have children, but it's an expression you use, you know?

Ok, now the tired humor has started to pop its head up, so I bedder (you took that one bedder as in a mix between bed and better) go to bed or something to reverse this oh tired state of mind.

Thank you for all your encouraging words. I really appreciate it.

In Him.

-paul andreas

1 comment:

ane said...

hei Pølle!! kom øve bloggen din og leste litt og smilte litt:) du e ein flinke skribent! be blessed!! ane