Thursday, December 29, 2005

After watching Narnia.

I watched the first Narnia-movie today, or, the new one, that is actually the first one if you count the BBC-thing as a TV-series, but that is the fourth one if you count them as movies... And, to top it all off, it is book number 2 in the series, but the first Narnia book C. S. Lewis (Clive Staple...) wrote. So that makes it the FIRST Narnia-movie.

OK, now that we have that out in the open, I must say that I really enjoyed it. From the small little details, to the things added to the story, to the talking animals, the battle, and the way they got the message through, I really loved it, actually. I know love might be a bit strong, but it wasn't far from it.

We watched it the three of us that are home, as my brother is celebrating Christmas in Virginia, introducing them to all sorts of Norwegian Christmas traditions.

I was just so excited after the movie, so I had to write it in my blog.

So there you go. I recommend it to everyone, and as C.S. Lewis said: It is a book (or movie, now) he wrote to display how God would save another fallen world that was far away from him, and that's why we see it allegorical, because it is so symbolic towards the way he saved our fallen world was saved by his death and resurrection. And I am so glad he did it. Are you?

-paul andreas

3 comments:

Janelle said...

hey Pølle- i agree... i also recommend the movie! great eh! however, the witch could have done a better job acting when she met edmond! only thing i was a bit disappointed with!
Well enjoy your last days home! See you soon! :)

David Aasen said...

I am.

Sven said...

Yeah me too