Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Don Rosa

Yesterday I brought out my 10 year old self again, and traveled back in time. Back to the time when the greatest thing in the world was to get the newest edition of a Don Rosa story, carefully opening the magazine and reading the story, as carefully closing the cartoon magazine and storing it somewhere safe.
Also back in time to the Christmas eve when the book under the tree was the last to be opened, before I disappeared into the world of ducks and world travels.

Yesterday I left home with the goal of a signature on that book.
I started standing in line, and two hours and alot of talking, standing and expecting later, I was first in line.
Thirty seconds later, I was no longer in line, and walking out, I was amazed by the amount of people still standing in line outside.
Inside there were about 60-70 people, and outside, I don't know. At least a lot.

I met with the childhood hero who still is a hero, the cartoon artist who doesn't like to draw, and neither considers himself an artist...

I present to you: My Visual Don Rosa Experience


The starting point.


I met some relatives, they also took the picture with me on it.



So close, but yet so far.



Thank you, Espen


Almost there.


Closer...



...and I'm there.



Close up of the long line.



Long, longer, longest.

7 comments:

Saxofonmannen™ said...

Yeah!
Ganske mange flere enn sist...

Han begynner jammen å se litt gammel ut, forresten...

Prata du noe med ham?

Paul Andreas said...

Prata ikke så mye, nei, og ja, han ser gammel ut, eldre enn jeg hadde trodd.
Han var ihvertfall veldig ydmyk, nesten på grensen til "for ydmyk", det viktigste når han signerte var liksom at jeg kunne lett se navnet mitt, og navnet hans var det liksom ikke så farlig med.

Det var donaldister der i alle mulig alders- og samfunnsgrupper, ei jente som stod foran meg fikk store øyne når jag sa at jeg hadde hatt Skrues liv-boka i ti år allerede... :)

Anonymous said...

oj!lucky som fikk autografen! har ikke telling på hvor mange ganger jeg har lest Skrues liv..like morsomt hver gang!

Kristian Rem said...

Morro pølle! Hun som sitter ved "the man" når du står bak, er ei venninne av søs. Har faktisk bodd på det rommet jeg sitter på nå, og ikke mindre enn yngste dattra til Rune Larsen:) ha en god uke, og takk for i går!

Jon Kristian said...

Fant du ikke på noe å snakke med han om? Var det noen jenter som besvimte når de kom frem til selveste Don Rosa da?!

Jon Kristian said...

Jeg er også Don Rosa fan, og tror jeg har lest alle historiene som er utgitt i Norge!
Også lurer jeg på hvor pinlig det hadde vært når en artisk skal signere platene sine, også kommer man for å få signert en brent CD :)

lyndee james said...

thank you, thank you. how's oslo treating you?