Monday, May 16, 2005

I would probably consider this as my first post...

Now I'm trying to get started again at this blog-thing. It's not that easy to tell people to visit this page when it's never been updated, and even I haven't wanted to check it out.

But from now on that will be different! I will tell you what's happening, and you'll have to promise commenting, or at least reading whatever my hands have been typing.

For those of you who don't know, (I know I'm writing for a pretty diverse audience, so I have to get on the same page with everybody for starters...)
OK, starting this sentence again, as the last one was ruined by that parenthesis:
For those of you who don't know, I am now working with YWAM in Skien here in Norway. I am a staff, but not a dts-staff. I'm working with some different stuff, as webdesign, making brochures and videos, singing in a tour, staffing Mission Adventures, and a whole lot of other things.
Our base is an old prison, a real old prison, not a metaphorical prison. And I live in a cell. The doors are like 10 cm thick, that's about 4 inches. The walls are made of brick, and we have bars infront of our windows. But it's really cool there, you don't feel you're in a prison, you feel more like you're in a cool old building. I'll try to get some pictures posted up here.

These last days, we've been joining a campaign that YWAM Norway has been running, called Eternal Impact. For those of you who know Impact World Tour, this is somewhat an alteration of that, with a Norwegian team (a theatre play and a rock band) one night, and M3 (or GX Jam if you like) the other night. My task has been helping out with whatever was needed, this time it was being a cable boy for Jamilu and Phil. It's been fun.
And God did use the show to get the young people of Bø and Kragerø to respond to him, out of 600 in Bø, about 70 responded to the call to salvation, and in Kragerø, I think about 50 out of the 400 that was there responded! That is great! Just join us in praying for all those who received salvation, that they will grow in their faith, and that they will not fall away, but that they will become strong and mature followers of Jesus.

I think that's it for now.
Tomorrow we'll celebrate the 17th of May, the day of the signing of the Norwegian Constitution 191 years ago, in 1814. Lots of ice cream, barbeque and hot dogs. And being with friends.

Love Him!


-paul andreas

No comments: