Monday, May 23, 2005

The Return of the DTS

They're coming back. Today.

Been gone for 2 months. Back. Today.

It's that weird feeling again, the one you have after you've been away for some time, for example 2 months, and then you get back and you feel like you haven't been away at all. It's just as if the time between you left and now is squeezed into a five minute span of time, and you're standing here with the feeling: "I was here just ten minutes ago, it feels..."

But the thing is, I wasn't on outreach this time. I was back here in Norway, looking forward to the teams getting back, and still I have that feeling of coming back and seeing that everything is as it was.

But I'm really looking forward to see all my DTS Skien friends again. It is going to be good times, and lots of hugs today, I feel it coming.



So, what has happened the last days, then, you ask.
Whatever happened to the frequent updates you promised us? Why haven't you written before?
I'm sorry. It was the typical way it all happens: Once you want to sit down to write, something else comes up, and it's delayed. But here it is.

The 17th of May was different. Usually, I'm home on that day, but this year I was here in Skien. We were planning on eating alot of ice cream, but I ended up eating 1. But I ate 4 hot dogs. And watched the Russ' (the high school graduates) parade. It was one of the worst parades ever.
The Russ' Parade is a lot of graduates that have been having these long party weeks, about a 3 weeks party, combined with being at school, and this ends on the 17th of May, with this parade. It's supposed to be a parade giving us alot of laughs, but it's getting less and less fun. Yeah...
They are usually bad, but there's often a few funny things said or done by the Russ, but this year there was close to nothing funny at all. Hooray!

But now the summer is coming, so I have to go meet it.
Have a good day so long, and please comment my blog if you want to, AND, if you've got one yourself, tell me, and I'll try to post a link from my blog.

-paul andreas

No comments: