Saturday, June 04, 2005

About A Blind Date

OK, OK...

After numerous requests, I feel obliged to tell the story in full:

One of our outreach teams came up with the brilliant idea to set everyone on the whole base up on blind dates. This is how it all happened:
On last Monday almost everyone on the base received a card saying something like this:

"This might sound weird, but I really need to talk to you.
Can we meet at so and so at this cafe?
Please don't tell anyone about this."
It was a bit of tension in the air that day, everyone walking around wondering who this date was.
My date was at 20:15 at Mami's in Skien, a cafe close to the prison. I really was unsure about how it was gonna be and who it was that had sent the note. I thought I had it figured out, as I recognized the hand writing. But still, I was unsure about how to take it... What if it's some girl that likes me, and I donæt feel the same towards her. What then?

20:15 came, and I started moving towards Mami's. On my way I met Ruth Silje and Kristin, they wanted to borrow my newly bought bike (50 kr at a police auction... a Merida, pretty cheap I would say.) and I found the bike. Ruth Silje was acting weird, and laughing a lot. And when Tone Marie walked past us, she started laughing even more... Hmmm.

I walked towards Mami's, but when I reached the door, it was closed. Weird. Bad planning from my date's side. Mami's closed at 18:00 but our date was 20:15.

Then I saw Tone Marie. She had also received a note. With the same content. To meet this someone at Mami's at 20:15. We laughed about it and walked back to the base, to join Jordan's 21st birthday party.

My first Blind Date was over, and one of the best practical jokes played on us on the base was now accomplished.

The most genious fact about this thing is that everyone except Kjersti got a note, so that all the blame would be put on her... Just as a payback for all the practical jokes she's been behing in the past.

Peace out.

-paul andreas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who in the world would do such an insensative joke like that? Setting people up on dates... mmm.... sounds genious to me... I could never guess who would be guilty of that one! ;) - janelle