Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Finally an update!

Hi everybody. I am sorry for the long time I haven't written, but this last week, the internet at base has been as slow as ants in honey, and trying the internet at a nearby cafe didn't help either, so my blogging possibility has been near to none for a while, and right now, the images don't want to load, so you should imagine the pictures in your heads now, writing me the pictures you see.

These last two weeks we have had/still have scriptwriting. (Å skrive manus). Last week was amazing, Diane Vermooten from South Africa taught us about writing scripts for documentaries, as with that as one of the things I really want to get out of this school, I was particularly interested. I learned alot, and also got the joy of writing back, breaking out of the box that most of us are put in at school or other places, teaching us to write within a certain limited time and space, destroying many people's joy of writing.

We had alot of creative exercises, and every morning was spent "free writing", writing straight for 5-10 minutes, depending on what she told us, writing either about a subject she chose for us or any subject we wanted.
The thing about free writing is that it frees up your thoughts, letting them flow down on paper, and you're not allowed to stop writing, even if you don't know what to write. If you can't come up with something to write, you have to write the same word over and over again until you come up with the continuation. So I wrote the same three-four times once, before I got on writing the rest. If you're serious about writing, she said, you're making this a habit every day, 5 or 10 minutes of free writing. Oh, yeah, the last thing about the free writing is that you need to know when the time you set is up, for instance, if you're writing 5 minutes, when your alarm says stop, you stop. Even if you're in the middle of a word. The mind keeps thinking of it if you don't end the sentence or the thought, even when you stop writing.
I don't know if all this made sense, but ask me if you're interested, I can feed you more.

It's 3 minutes until smallgroup, where we are going to watch short films that we made two weeks ago, I think me and Nathan's horror movies are going to be the best you've ever seen.

Have a great day.
Be blessed!

-paulandreas

2 comments:

Karianne said...

Virker som at du har litt av hvert å holde på med der!
Guds fred!

David Aasen said...

får ha en hårrorkveld når du kommer hjem da vettu.