Saturday, January 13, 2007

Some more details, finally

I'm sorry for not writing more the last few days, but the Internet at the base has not been treating me nicely. It keeps shutting down on me, so I didn't even get to post the pictures I wanted.

As you may see in the pictures, there are some known faces to some of you... We are three YWAM kids in the school, which is quite fun...
We are a total ten students at the school, one Australian, one French girl, a South African girl, one Egyptian, two Canadians, two Americans, one Norwegian and one who is generally confused about where he's from, but he's been to 111 countries, so who can blame him for being confused?

This week we're gonna be having Susi Childers teaching about photography, a week I am really looking forward to having. Today, Saturday, we've been out in Perth taking pictures of people after a photography seminar at the base. Going up to someone asking: "Excuse me sir/ma'am, do you mind me taking your picture?" Most said I could take their picture, some didn't and some took some pleading and persuasion before they eventually said yes. It was really a stretch in my boldness, and I believe that next time I will be taking even better pictures as well.

We are six guys in the same room, a room that is sometimes cold, sometimes really hot and sometimes stinky, but we are a good group of people, getting to know each other more and more each day.

Today is the Australian Lachie's birthday, he's 26 today! Happy birthday!

No comments: